Nerdy Kid’s Reading List
We know that there are different types of nerds —computer nerds, history nerds, science nerds, space nerds, sci-fi nerds, math nerds, or book nerds. And while talking about Nerds who can forget Hermione Granger, a nerd we all love.
Learning fun facts, discovering the world, playing with words and numbers or exploring science…if these are what your children like better than immersing self in a world of fiction then the following list of books are apt for them. They not only enhance knowledge but do it in a fun, non-preachy and imaginative manner.
So who said learning cannot be fun?
- Kingfisher Discover Science Series
- Magic School Bus Series
- Horrible Science Series
- Ken Books Science Series
- Science Museum Series – Human Body Factory
- Brainwave Magazine from ACK (digital editions available)
- So You Want to Know about the Environment by Bijal Vachharajani
- Does Farting Make You Faster, Why is Snot Green by Glenn Murphy
- Don’t Flush- Lifting the lid on the Science of Poo and Wee by Mary and Richard Platt
- Mistakes That Worked: 40 Familiar Inventions & How They Came to Be by Charlotte-Foltz-Jones
- Horrible History Series
- Tony Robinson’s Weird World of Wonders – Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, British
- The Gory Story of Genghis Khan by Nayanika Mahtani
- India at 70 by Roshen Dalal
- The Puffin History of India by Roshen Dalal
- The Puffin History of the World by Roshen Dalal
- Lifecycle Series from Kingfisher
- The Incredible History of India’s Geography by Sanjeev Sanyal
- Mathematwist by TV Padma
- Mathematics Fun Facts and Fiction by Riti Prasad
- Puzzles to Puzzle You by Shakuntala Devi
- How to be A Mathematician by Aditi and Sudhir Dinghal
- So You want to Know about Economics by Roopa Pai
Riti Prasad is the author of Double Trouble, Double Fun!: A Supermom’s Guide to Raising Twins, Wicked Temptations and Mathematics Fun, Fact and Fiction. She works in the Fragrance Industry as Creation Head.
Love books? Follow authors? Join the SheThePeople Book Club On Facebook. Click Here