Who Is Susan Arnold: Former Carlyle Group and Procter & Gamble Co. executive Susan Arnold is now the chairman of the Board of Walt Disney. She has replaced Bob Iger. What makes her feat special is the fact that this is the first time that Walt Disney has elected a woman to this position in its 98-year history.
Here’s everything you want to know about Susan Arnold
- Susan Arnold is 67-years-old.
- She has been the lead independent director since 2018 and has served on Disney’s board since 2007.
- Besides this, she has held other leadership positions also. She’s also been a director at McDonald’s and NBTY from 2013 to 2017.
- She will take on the position of the chairman on December 31.
- Arnold has the experience of running P&G’s beauty and feminine-care businesses besides other jobs. She will bring international consumer product marketing experience to the role.
- As a board member for 14 years, she is well-acquainted with Disney’s unique culture.
- Susan Arnold is the first woman to become the chairman of Disney.
- “As I step into this new role as chairman of the board, I look forward to continuing to serve the long-term interests of Disney’s shareholders and working closely with CEO Bob Chapek as he builds upon the company’s century-long legacy of creative excellence and innovation,” Arnold said in a statement.
- “On behalf of the Board, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Bob Iger for his extraordinary leadership over the past decade-and-a-half,” Arnold said. “Bob has led Disney to amazing heights both creatively and financially, with his clear strategic vision for delivering high-quality branded storytelling, embracing cutting-edge technology, and expanding internationally, and he’s left an indelible mark on The Walt Disney Company that will be felt for generations to come”, she added.
We request you to support our award-winning journalism by making a financial contribution towards our efforts. Your funds will ensure we can continue to bring you amazing stories of women, and the impact they are making and spotlight half the country's population because they deserve it.