Heir to the British throne and the eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles has tested positive for coronavirus. The 71-year-old Prince of Whales is displaying mild symptoms of flu since last weekend. A statement from Clarence House, which is the official residence of Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, read, “In accordance with government and medical advice, the prince and the duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.” Charles’ coronavirus diagnosis has raised concerns about the well-being of his 93-year-old mother, Queen of the UK. However, Buckingham Palace has said that she “remains in good health.”

As soon as Charles’ COVID-19 diagnosis came to light, an old picture of him with singer Kanika Kapoor began circulating on social media and went viral.

Prince’s wife tests negative

According to the BBC, Prince Charles’ 72-year-old wife Camilla “has also been tested, but does not have the virus.” The Queen, who moved to Windsor Castle with her 98-year-old husband Prince Phillip, reportedly last met her son on March 12.  Buckingham Palace has said that she is “following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare.”

Also Read: Coronavirus Lockdown: Shaheen Bagh Cleared, Few Protestors Detained

The Queen issued a statement last week, urging people to make sure that their loved ones are safe, “We are all being advised to change our normal routines and regular patterns of life for the greater good of the communities we live in and, in particular, to protect the most vulnerable within them.”

In accordance with government and medical advice, the prince and the duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland. – Clarence House

Charles and Camilla are now self-isolating at Balmoral Castle in Scotland. “It is not possible to ascertain from whom the prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks,” said the Clarence House statement.

Also Read: Celebrities with Coronavirus: List of those who have tested positive

Old photograph of Prince Charles with singer Kanika Kapoor circulating on Social media

As soon as Charles’ COVID-19 diagnosis came to light, an old picture of him with singer Kanika Kapoor began circulating on social media and went viral. According to a news report, the viral photographs are from an event in 2015. However, since Kanika Kapoor has been in news for testing positive COVID-19, and allegedly hiding her travel history from authorities, some netizens went on to speculate that the Prince caught coronavirus from Kapoor. The photographs circulating on the Internet are however old and thus this is fake news.

Image Credit: REUTERS

Get the best of SheThePeople delivered to your inbox - subscribe to Our Power Breakfast Newsletter. Follow us on Twitter , Instagram , Facebook and on YouTube, and stay in the know of women who are standing up, speaking out, and leading change.