We know that there are different types of nerds —computer nerds, history nerds, science nerds, space nerds, sci-fi nerds, math nerds, or book nerds. And while talking about Nerds who can forget Hermione Granger, a nerd we all love.
Learning fun facts, discovering the world, playing with words and numbers or exploring science…if these are what your children like better than immersing self in a world of fiction then the following list of books are apt for them. They not only enhance knowledge but do it in a fun, non-preachy and imaginative manner.
So who said learning cannot be fun?
- Kingfisher Discover Science Series
- Magic School Bus Series
- Horrible Science Series
- Ken Books Science Series
- Science Museum Series – Human Body Factory
- Brainwave Magazine from ACK (digital editions available)
- So You Want to Know about the Environment by Bijal Vachharajani
- Does Farting Make You Faster, Why is Snot Green by Glenn Murphy
- Don’t Flush- Lifting the lid on the Science of Poo and Wee by Mary and Richard Platt
- Mistakes That Worked: 40 Familiar Inventions & How They Came to Be by Charlotte-Foltz-Jones
- Horrible History Series
- Tony Robinson’s Weird World of Wonders – Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, British
- The Gory Story of Genghis Khan by Nayanika Mahtani
- India at 70 by Roshen Dalal
- The Puffin History of India by Roshen Dalal
- The Puffin History of the World by Roshen Dalal
- Lifecycle Series from Kingfisher
- The Incredible History of India’s Geography by Sanjeev Sanyal
- Mathematwist by TV Padma
- Mathematics Fun Facts and Fiction by Riti Prasad
- Puzzles to Puzzle You by Shakuntala Devi
- How to be A Mathematician by Aditi and Sudhir Dinghal
- So You want to Know about Economics by Roopa Pai
Riti Prasad is the author of Double Trouble, Double Fun!: A Supermom’s Guide to Raising Twins, Wicked Temptations and Mathematics Fun, Fact and Fiction. She works in the Fragrance Industry as Creation Head.
Also Read: Arthi Anand on Michaela DePrince’s Memoir Taking Flight
Love books? Follow authors? Join the SheThePeople Book Club On Facebook. Click Here