Will Honeypreet Insan be the next Dera Sacha Sauda chief?
Over the past few days, we heard enough of Dera Sacha Sauda (DSS), Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Insan and his innumerable supporters. In all the fuss, Singh’s adopted daughter Honeypreet Insan also came to limelight. It began with a picture of her accompanying her father in the helicopter to the Rohtak jail surfaced. People became curious to know about the woman who looked supposedly close to the self-proclaimed Godman.
Honeypreet is allegedly the closest to the convicted ‘Guru’ among the lot, say reports. As he is convicted for raping two women in 1999, there is a general contention that DSS will have her as the next chief.
Here are a few things you must know about the daughter of the con man:
- Singh has two daughters—Amanpreet and Charanpreet – with wife Harjeet Kaur and a son, Jasmeet Insan. He adopted Honeypreet Insan in 2009.
- Honeypreet’s real name is Priyanka Taneja and she is originally from Fatehabad near Hisar.
- She married Vishwas Gupta, a Dera follower from Sirsa, in 1999. But it was when Gupta’s family started harassing her for dowry, Singh adopted Honeypreet.
- She describes herself as an actor, director, editor, “papa’s angel”, and philanthropist. She is also touted as the possible successor to the sect.
- Not many are aware that Honeypreet learnt directorial skills while directing one of her father’s film—MSG The Warrior Lion Heart. She also acted in the film. Then, she went on to direct and act in two more films.
- Her website www.HoneypreetInsan.me describes her as “a great Daughter of an amazing Father”. It also specifies her philanthropic activities like working for the welfare of the poor and needy.
The aim of Honeypreet Insan according to her social media is to “transform my Rockstar Papa’s directions into actions!”
- She gives credit to her father for teaching her the skills of film-making. “All credits goes to her Dad for unveiling the acting skills in her and train her so well that she can stand at par with renowned professional actors,” reads her website.
- Honeypreet, who is in her mid-30s, has a large fanbase on social media with over 500,907 followers on her Facebook page and over 188,000 on Instagram.
- She devotes her social media activities in promoting her father.
- Her aim, according to her social media is to “transform my Rockstar Papa’s directions into actions!”
Picture credit- Bollywood Hungama
Join Us on https://www.facebook.com/SheThePeoplePage
Follow Us on https://twitter.com/SheThePeopleTV