Former BJP Corporator murder: R. Radhika Kadiresh, who was the former Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) councillor was hacked to death on Thursday at 10:30 a.m by armed men.
The incident took place outside her office near the flower garden in Cottonpete, Karnataka, when she was supervising the distribution of food kits at Anjanappa garden.
According to S. Murugan, the additional Commissioner of Police (ACP), the two-time BJP councillor from Chalavadipalya was attacked by three persons with lethal weapons.
Here are 10 things that we know about Former BJP Corporator murder case:
1. 45-year-old BJP corporator R. Rekha Kadiresh was hacked to death by three men on Thursday morning with a lethal weapon.
2. She was rushed to the Kempe Gowda Institute of Medical Sciences by the police and succumbed to death due to severe injury and excessive blood loss.
3. According to reports, the murder appears to be planned as all the seven CCTV cameras in the locality and those from outside the BJP office were turned away from the street.
4. A senior Police Officer on the case said that they suspect that the assailants were known to Kadiresh and were aware of her routine.
5.The police have identified the attackers as Robert, Peter, and Stephen who are the neighbours of Kadiresh.
6. Peter and Stephen who were previously in Jail and came out on bail two months ago are suspected to have planned the murder.
7. The Central Crime Branch (CCB) is investigating the case considering all the angles including personal enmity, political rivalry, and family tussle.
8. She was the wife of Kadiresh S., who had been hacked to death by four armed men three years ago in February 2018 near Muneshwara temple in Chalavadipalya, Karnataka.
9. The case was said to be of personal rivalry and two of the accused Vinay and Naveen had surrendered before the court. The other two accused are still at large.
10. Umesh Shetty, who is an ex-corporator expressed his shock over the murder and said that Kadiresh’s late husband might have had a rivalry with the accused men.