The Making Of A World Champion: PV Sindhu’s Fitness Routine
World Champion PV Sindhu has been training rigorously for the past couple of months and the result is exactly what we expected. The first Indian to win a gold in the BWF World Championship, she has an intensive training routine and a recently released workout video of the shuttler acing every variation into her exercises regimen is going viral. Currently ranked at World No.5, Sindhu is killing it in the gym with her extreme workouts, and prepping to be more disciplined.
Watch the intense workout video that got Sindhu ready for the World Championship:
- PV Sindhu’s workout video from Suchitra Badminton Academy in Hyderabad has gone viral.
- The Hyderabad-based shuttler Sindhu scripted history by becoming the first Indian to win a World Championships gold medal.
- The player ranked 13th in the Forbes Highest-Paid Female Athletes list. She is among India’s favourites for another Olympic medal in 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- After winning the medals in Olympics 2016 at Rio, PV Sindhu rose to fame and gained more attention from several big brands.
- Sindhu’s latest achievement was to secure World No. 2 spot, as per the latest BWF rankings. Last year, Sindhu successfully made it to the Forbes List Of 30 Under 30 Asia 2018.
Sindhu is truly an inspiration particularly for those who want to stay fit. The super-fit, 24-year-old player has been training and challenging her own limits. Here’s decoding some of Sindhu’s fitness secrets.
Sindhu’s Fitness Secret:
There is no doubt that hard work is the route to success. And, behind Sindhu’s gold too is a story of years of hard work. Her workout consists of various exercises which include lower and upper body workout, lunges, overhead press, etc. Sindhu starts her day early. She wakes up at 3:30 am and begins workout with her coach Pullela Gopichand at 4:00-4:30 am, maintaining a strict routine everyday. She doesn’t rest till 7 am. Then after breakfast, her next group session begins at 8 am and it continues for a couple of hours. After this, the third session starts at 11 am. She trains for almost 6-7 hours in a single day and six days a week.
During the evening, she goes to the gym and does running sessions which continue for a stretch of 2-3 hours a day.
The ‘oomph’ quotient
Sindhu’s fitness secrets include healthy eating, regular exercise, and a lot more exercise! Her physiotherapist, Kiran Challagundla, examines her blood composition, body weight, heart rate, and monitors her routine every day. After each result, he sets a fitness plan accordingly. Sindhu is on a nutrition supplement diet.
She follows an alternate running session and also goes for 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups in a day. She’s much sought-after for her morning routines. These activities are to ensure the strength of her core and abdominal muscles.
Like many other celebrities, the Olympic medalist find solace in practising forms of yoga like Pranayama, Kapalabhati.
The credit for her amazing flexibility goes to some intense cardio, jogging as well as swimming among others.
She drinks plenty of water during her training and workout session.
What PV Sindhu Eats
The badminton player’s fitness tips are simple and practical. She eats carbs and takes proteins as prescribed by her dietitian. At breakfast, she goes with eggs, fresh fruits and a glass of milk. They include all necessary minerals, vitamins, proteins and fibre. For lunch and dinner, her meals comprise meat with rice and vegetables. Quite a moody snack lover, Sindhu does not go out without a bowl of fruits, some dried nuts and a bottle of energy drink in her bag.
- Breakfast – Milk, eggs and a bowl of fresh fruits
- Lunch – Rice, meat and vegetables
- Snacks – Small bowl of fruits, dried fruits, bottle of energy drink.
- Dinner – Rice, meat and vegetables
On a cheat meal day, she prefers eating biryani, sweet curd and ice-cream. But the next day she ensures she burns calories at the time she’s most active to make up.
Feature Image Credit: Pinterest