Make fitness your goal for these lockdown days. Each one of us needs to squeeze out at least 30 minutes time for a workout, preferably in the morning. By fitness, I don’t mean just being fit physically, instead having a healthy mind, body and soul as well.
Being a fitness enthusiast and a yoga practitioner, I start my day with a few yoga stretches like TTK, i.e. tadasana, triyak-tadasana, kati-chakrasana followed by surya-namaskar (sun salutations), pranayama (breathing exercises) and a few cardiovascular exercises to get a boost for the entire day.
Staying indoors during lockdown is stressful for every one of us. We can neither interact with the outside world in person nor get close to nature. Being locked up for so many days doing monotonous chores affects our minds and leads to stress. So, let’s counter it by infusing some energetic vibes in and around our homes.
Plan your day in advance: List the next day activities on your ‘To Do List’ boards to stay focused and avoid laziness.
Here are a few tips you can follow during this lockdown.
- Include at least 30 minutes of yoga and cardiovascular exercises alternately and repeat for five days a week or as per your comfort. Rest is equally important.
- Plan your day in advance: List the next day activities on your ‘To Do List’ boards to stay focused and avoid laziness.
- According to ancient texts of yoga, ‘Breath is the key to ultimate emancipation’. Pranayam being the paramount aspect of yoga involves bhastrika, anulom-vilom, kapalbhati, bhrahmari and OM chantings.
- Stay hydrated and get adequate rest and sleep. Limit your intake of caffeinated drinks. They can make some people feel anxious or jittery.
- Daily nutritional needs are to be adjusted keeping in mind that one is staying indoors and is not engaged in heavy workouts, compared to normal times. One needs to include vitamin C, carbohydrates, fat and proteins in appropriate proportions to their daily intake.
Include at least 30 minutes of yoga and cardiovascular exercises alternately and repeat for five days a week or as per your comfort. Rest is equally important.
- Pursuing of an interest or hobby such as music, art or creative activities tends to play a magical part in lifting up spirits.
- Those with beautiful gardens or even a few potted plants in their balcony could caress their greens, as it has amazing healing power which makes one’s mind a peaceful abode.
A little progress each day adds up to big results. Work on you, for YOU. This too shall pass, stay positive.
Good health can be contagious, but don’t wait to catch it from others. Infect others with a healthy body, mind and soul.
Picture Credit: inlifehealthcare.com
The views expressed are the author’s own.