Who Is Bharti Singh: 10 Things To Know About The Comedian, Actor And Television Host
Since the demise of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, the NCB has been conducting multiple raids, to probe the alleged drug nexus in Bollywood. Continuing its investigation into the entertainment industry, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Saturday raided the home of comedian Bharati Singh and her husband in Mumbai. Bharti Singh is an Indian comedian, actor, and television host who is married to screenwriter Haarsh Limbachiyaa.
Here are 10 things to know about comedian Bharti Singh:
- Singh’s career as a comedian started when she participated in the stand-up comedy reality TV show ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge Season 4’ and was one of the top four finalists.
- In the reality TV show, the audience loved her performance as a character named ‘Lalli’ and the comedian received wide acclaim for it.
- Since her debut she has been a part of several comedy shows including different seasons of Comedy Circus like ‘Comedy Circus 3 Ka Tadka’, ‘Comedy Circus Maha-Sangram’, ‘Comedy Circus Ke Super Stars’ among many others.
- She got her first TV serial role in 2010 with the serial ‘Adalat’ in which she played the role of a lady named Aarti Singh.
- She has also worked as a model and has walked the ramp for various fashion designers.
- As a host Singh has hosted several awards shows along with other reality shows like India’s Got Talent, Comedy Nights Bachao among others.
- The comedian tied the knot with Indian screenwriter Haarsh Limbachiyaa in 2017.
- Bharti Singh’s journey was not an easy one. Her father expired when she was just two years old, after which, her mother single-handedly brought her up; including her other two siblings.
- Apart from comedy and dance reality shows like Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, she has also participated in other reality shows like ‘I Can Do That’, ‘Lip Sing Battle’, and ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 9’.
- Bharti Singh was also into sports and wanted to represent Indian at the Olympics in shooting and archery.
Picture Credit: Indian Express
Arunima Sharma is an intern with SheThePeople.TV.