Why you should know Sanjyukta Parashar
Meet IPS Officer Sanjyukta Parashar who is at the forefront of the fight with Bodo militants as the Superintendent of Police in Sonitpur District of Assam. She is the face Bodo militants fear as armed with a AK-47, she leads a team to take charge and deliver results for the Indian armed forces. (Feature Image: Parashar’s FB Page)
1. She is the leader: Parashar, an IPS officer of the 2006 batch, has been leading the anti-Bodo militant operations in the area for the past 15 months.
2. She gunned down 16 militants and arrested 64 in the past few months making impressive recoveries of arms and ammunition according to a report by India Today. She office is thick forest in the region and she has to operate in this hostile territory. The terrain is challenging, besides the fact that she faces threat of survival given how fight against Bodo militants.
3. She stood 85th in the All-Indian UPSC exam. She is the first woman UPSC officer from the state of Assam. She has a Ph.D from Jawaharlal Nehru University. She married a fellow IAS Officer and has a child of around 3 years of age.
4. In 2008 she got her new job posting as Assistant Commandant of Makum. However within two hours of her joining the office – according to SevenDiary – she was assigned to move to Udalguri, upon urgent intervention to prevent the situation in the area where ethnic clashes between the Bodo and illegal migrants from Bangladeshi had broken out.
5. As Assam’s first lady IPS office she is an inspiration to the new generation and makes it a point to speak at events where she can inspire the youth. She has been called Mardani and even Dabangg by some online portals