Why Fish Oil is Essential for Our Body
Fish are the richest source of Omega 3 fats or fatty acids. These fatty acids help in reducing the inflammation in the body. Fish like tuna, shark or swordfish are the source of omega 3 fats. Fish oil is present in the tissues of fish. It is readily available in the market and is used as an ointment. Fish oil is also available in form of supplements.
Omega-3 fatty acids are a kind of polyunsaturated fatty acid that the body cannot make on its own. Therefore, must be consumed through diet.
Read on to know more about the benefits of Fish Oil:
1) Omega 3 fish oil contains docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid, which are essential nutrients and help in preventing heart-related problems. Its main role is to prevent cardiovascular disease as it contains anti-inflammatory properties.
2) For diabetic patients, consumption of fish oil or its supplements helps in protecting hippocampus cells from being destroyed and thus, maintains the oxidation level in the body.
3) Fish oil can be helpful in preventing breast, colon and prostate cancer. Omega 3 has the properties of anti-proliferation which prevent the growth of cancer cell or tumour in the body. Some studies have also found out that high consumption of fish in early childhood, adulthood or till midlife helps in preventing the most prolonged cancer called breast cancer.
4) Intake of fish oil also helps in reducing the risks of arthritis, especially rheumatoid arthritis. Doctors recommend the consumption of fish oil or its supplements, especially for younger children and older people.
5) One of the important benefits of fish oil is for the eyes. Consumption of fish oil helps in the prevention of cataracts. It also helps in keeping your eyesight healthy.
6) Consumption of fish oil helps in improving the fertility rate among men and women. Omega 3 fatty acids increase the level and mobility of sperms and balances the hormonal growth.
7) Fish oil maintains physical fitness. The consumption of fish oil along with regular exercise reduces body fat and improves the metabolism.
8) Skin and hair can also benefit from the consumption of an accurate amount of omega 3 or fish oil supplements. Fish oil helps prevent ageing and reduces dandruff.
Pic Credits: mnn.com
Also Read: Anise: The New Wonder Spice