Tealicious: Benefits Of Consuming Tea
If you belong to a typical Indian household, offering tea when guests come is customary, and why not? Tea is refreshing, and first thing that we have in mind when we are having a headache.
But tea is more than just a refreshment, let’s check out some of the health benefits of drinking tea:
1) It may boost exercise endurance: Study has found that drinking tea can increase the body’s ability to burn fat as fuel, which leads to muscle endurance. Also it is a better replacement to high-calorie drink.
2) Good for your heart: Consuming tea can decrease the risk of having a heart attack. It was reported that the risk of having a heart attack reduces by 32% if one consumed more than 4 cups of green tea daily. It is also said to reduce various cardiovascular diseases.
3) Prevents cancer: Tea has anti-cancer causing properties. White tea, has shown to prevent various types of cancer in rats, but there is a mixed review for its effects on humans, never the less it is suggested that there is some positive relation between consuming tea and cancer prevention.
4) It is hydrating to the body: It is a better alternative to water as it has more flavors, and as it has many other health benefits so even a healthier alternative.
5) Wight loss: Caffeine has shown to increase the metabolism rate, it is a rate at which the body consumes the energy. Tea is also a low-calories drink, which prevents weight gain.
6) Protects us from sun: Tea has shown to prevent the harmful effect of UV rays , consumption of green tea has been linked to being a backup sunscreen.
7) Reverse the effect of smoking: Not to promote smoking, (it is a bad-bad habit) but consumption of tea has shown to counteract some of the negative effects of smoking.
8) Improves the bone health: Study has found that consuming green tea reduces bone loss.
9) Improves digestive system: Teas, specially the herbal tea is an antispasmodic, which helps regulate and maintain a good health of digestive system.
10) Improves immune system: Many antioxidants present in the tea makes it a great boost for immune system.