SheThePeople Bullets: All to know on Apple Watch 2, iPhone 7 and 7 plus
Apple CEO Tim Cook and his team unveiled a brand-new iPhone 7 and the Apple Watch 2.
Cook announced that the body of the iPhone 7, which features a dual-camera, is made of aluminum and has a “mirror-like surface.”
“It’s the best iPhone that we have ever created,” Cook said.
Apple’s smartwatch offering was updated for the first time since its 2014 inception, and will now be “swim proof” and come equipped with GPS. Here are all the features you need to know of.
- PokemonGo for the wrist as the watch will offer it, starting later in the year
- The Watch 2 will be swim proof
- It will come equipped with GPS
- Big focus on fitness minded consumers – with special features for runners
- Apple partnered with Nike for the Apple Watch Nike Plus, created specifically for runners
- Fitted with App called Breathe, which will focus on de-stressing
- The Apple Watch 2 has a dual-core processor that is 50 per cent faster than the original and has twice the graphics performance and capability
Cook said that Apple was the second highest earning watch brand in the world after Rolex in terms of sales revenue. “The watch will learn about you over time,” Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer shared in the Apple Event in San Francisco where all the latest changes were announced to the entire array of Apple products.
IPHONE 7 & Plus
- The front camera will be seven megapixels
- The back camera will be 12 megapixels
- Improved camera has four LED lights
- New camera provides 50 percent more light when the flash is used
- iPhone 7’s new water-proof design comes in gold, silver and rose, as well as a new black colour
- A new home button that’s meant to be reliable, responsive and customisable
- Stereo speakers: There’s one speaker on each end, and they put out twice the volume of the iPhone 6 speakers – like Wow.
Apple announcement or Carpool Karaoke? James Corden gave Tim Cook a lift to the big event, and they sang along to the Apple CEO’s favorite band, One Republic, on the way. The duo also picked up Pharrell, and the whole group belted out “Sweet Home Alabama” before dropping off Cook at a backstage entrance.