Rimi Sen Joins BJP, Youngest Actor To Do So
Ahead of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, actor Rimi Sen on Tuesday joined the Bharatiya Janata Party. According to a tweet by ANI, the actor said, “I am inspired by PM Modi and will fulfill all responsibilities given.”
Prior to her, Bollywood actors like Paresh Rawal, Kirron Kher, Hema Malini, Shatrughan Sinha and Smriti Irani had been a part of BJP. Only last week, actors Jackie Shroff and Arjun Rampal had joined the bandwagon. Rimi Sen was inducted into the party alongside Bhojpuri actor and model Kashish Khan in New Delhi in the presence of BJP National General Secretary Kailash Vijayvargia. Rimi has announced that she’ll go wherever her party needs her. Here are five things to know about the actor:
1. Rimi, previously known as Subhamitra Sen, was last seen in the ninth season of the popular reality TV show Bigg Boss in 2015.
2. She was a producer on the Manoj Bajpayee-starrer film Budhia Singh – Born to Run which won a national award for best children’s film at the 63rd national Awards, 2016.
3. The actor made her debut in films with the Aparna Sen-directed Bengali film Paromitar Ek Din, in 2000. Her Hindi film debut was in director Priyadarshan’s 2003 Hindi film, Hungama.
4. Rimi has worked with the likes of Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan, Akshay Khanna, Ajay Devgn and Akshay Kumar.
5. She got her first break in Bollywood after working in a Coca-Cola advertisement with Aamir Khan. Rimi has worked in Bengali, Hindi and Telugu films.
A Financial Express report suggests that actor Sunny Deol might also be joining the BJP shortly and both the actors might be contesting the elections from Punjab. Rimi Sen is the youngest actor to have forayed into politics through the BJP.