‘Grande’ Theft Doughnut-o: How Ariana Grande Prided And Disappointed America
Stars acting irresponsibly is apparently, not just an Indian thing. American teen idol and pop sensation Ariana Grande did something that let down not only her fans but also her country. Who is she, why is she so revered and why have her actions reached and offended millions? Read on to get the whole scoop on her story:
– Ariana has belonged to the stage since she was a little girl – having performed in classic musicals like The Wizard of Oz and Beauty and the Beast. And she moved into TV screens when she was just 8, singing “The Star-Spangled Banner” for the Florida Panthers- the professional ice hockey team.
– At 14, she went over to LA with her manager with a solid plan and and even more solid resolve to make an R&B album. Although she was met with third-degree skepticism, her first big break was just around the corner. Landing a role in the Broadway musical 13, she went on to bring life to Cat Valentine on the Nickelodeon television series Victorious in 2009. Many acting gigs came along, like the spinoff show Sam & Cat, but she decided soon after that she only has eyes for music.
– As a 20 year old, she debuted right on top of the US Billboard 200 with her album Yours Truly. She was touted as the next Mariah Carey, with her hit singles from her albums, like “The Way”, “Problem” and “Break Free”, “Bang Bang” and “Love Me Harder”, displaying her wide vocal range and perching her on top for 34 continuous weeks. Her popstar status only went off the roof, when she swept the AMAs, MTV Music Awards and the Grammys, amongst many others.
– Recently, though, the young, “warm-blooded” American did something that reflected poorly on her sense of responsibility as a public figure. She, along with a couple of friends, was down at the American chain of Donuts and confectioneries Wolfees, where she let loose a tongue assault on all the donuts on display. She went from tray to tray licking the items displayed, while her shenanigans were getting taped on the store’s CCTV cameras. On top of that -when the attendant came to serve them their order, she yelled “What the Fuck is this? I hate America.”
– Whether it was juvenile delinquency, or spouting unpatriotic slurs – it was very unbecoming of her to vandalize someone’s business like that, not to mention exploiting her fame to direct arrogance at the staff. She attempted to right the wrong by posting a Twitter Apology, and first trying a shoddy cover-up, saying she hates American “Food” because it is the cause of making America the country with the highest childhood obesity. When that didn’t measure up to put out the fire, she posted this video apologizing to her “Babes”, saying , “I was so disgusted with myself, I like wanted to shove my face into a pillow and like disappear, but instead of that I’m going to come forward and own up to what I did and take responsibility and say I’m sorry because I reacted in a way that I feel like wasn’t necessary to say the least but also just wasn’t me at all.”
– That did manage to pacify some, but most are still miffed about the fact that she hasn’t apologized to Wolfee donuts, the store that she directly vandalized, at all. The police is also investigating the matter- not Ariana, but the Wolfee Chain, to probe into how they leave their food unattended.