Entrepreneurs listen up! 5 secrets to keeping your creativity alive
“If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old” -Peter F. Drucker
Innovation and Creativity is the new skill set being hunted for, in the industry everywhere. With start-ups mushrooming globally, entrepreneurship being accepted as the style of management, creativity and innovation are undoubtedly, the keys to success. Being creative as an entrepreneur shall be like an icing on the cake. But how shall we continue to keep our creativity alive? [Feature Image by Gretchenrubin]
If you tend to be passionate about your set targets, creativity will find its own way
1. Be passionate and innovate like a child: If you tend to be passionate about your set targets, creativity will find its own way. Imagine like a child. Researches have proven that it yields better aptitude. Albert Einstein famously said, “To stimulate creativity, one must develop the childlike inclination for play.” Be confident of yourself and your passion.
2. Share and welcome ideas/feedback: Always share ideas with people around you. We give, we receive. We listen, we think and innovate. Sharing of ideas helps in refining our goals. Discussions and feedbacks helps us to know the pros and cons. It also helps us in dealing our jobs efficiently. On the whole, it nurtures creativity with efficiency.
3. Keep learning, reading and exploring: “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
Learning is endless, so keeping reading and exploring new things. It helps build better imagination , ideas and develops creativity. Try new hobbies, art, skills and develop better problem –solving and analytical skills. Diversify your thoughts, do not restrict them. Creativity in addition to intelligence is the need of the hour today. Whereas intelligence is easily measurable, creativity has no bounds. People who might have struggled in school have been the ones who led to better creations, innovations. Creativity is endless like learning. One must never stop trying new adventures.
Target on better productivity and flexible working hours.
4. Reduce work pressure and be flexible: Ease yourself and let yourself loose. Target on better productivity and flexible working hours. Do not pressurise yourself what may come. Embrace failure and dare to take risks. Learn and plan from your mistakes. Remember “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently”.
5. Work with diversified team: Working with diversified team with different skills, ideologies, qualifications, experience shall help in increasing creativity. People should work with common motives and purpose unlike skills.
Urvashi is a nine-to-five techie, yearning for creativity and a wholehearted writer. You can follow her here http://kreatiwitty.com
Views expressed in the blog are the author’s own. Author is responsible for the veracity of the piece.