Birthday Special: 7 Things To Know About Harmanpreet Kaur
She made into the so-called “Gentleman’s game” on her own. Cricketer Harmanpreet Kaur represents India at the national and international level. Hailing from Punjab, she rose to fame with India’s victory over Bangladesh in the Women’s T20 championship. She has also accomplished the feat of becoming the first cricketer to represent India in Australia’s Women Big Bash League.
On her 27th birthday today, we present some interesting facts about this dynamic young woman:
1. Harmanpreet Kaur had been passionate about cricket since childhood. Backed by emotional and financial support from her parents, she stepped into the cricket world and has been making the country proud by her power-packed performances.
2. Besides her parents, Kamaldish Singh Sodhi also played an instrumental role in helping Harmanpreet materialize her dream. He was the owner of Moga’s Premier Cricket Academy and decided to take charge of the finances involved in getting the young cricketer trained and the required paraphernalia.
3. Having played for Punjab Cricket Association for the first time, Harmanpreet was declared as an “all-round performer”. After a stellar performance at the regional level, she got into the North Zone Team. A great performance in the Under-19 Challenger Trophy propelled her to join the NCA facility in Bangalore where she trained with 29 other participants for a spot in India’s senior squad for the 2009 Women’s World Twenty20.
4. She has played 55 One-Day Internationals and is just 6 short of the 1,500 mark.
5. She idolizes cricketer Ajinkya Rahane. She is also a football aficionado.
7. She was recently praised by Virendra Sehwag who was impressed seeing her match-winning abilities in a match against South Africa. He said, “You are becoming an idol for the future generation of women cricketers. You are extra special. Keep up the spirit and belief.” She was glad to know that her efforts were being recognized by such a senior cricketer.
SheThePeople.Tv wishes Harmanpreet a very Happy Birthday.
Charvi Is An Intern With SheThePeople.TV