12 Inspiring Quotes By Dalai Lama That Can Lift Your Day
Looking for inspiration to liven up your Monday? Here are 12 inspirational quotations by Dalai Lama which will definitely make you feel positive and motivate you for the rest of the week. In his own words, his life is guided by three major commitments: the promotion of basic human values, the fostering of inter-religious harmony and the preservation of Tibet’s Buddhist culture, a culture of peace and non-violence.
Read on for some really powerful words of wisdom:
1. Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.
2. Time passes unhindered. When we make mistakes, we cannot turn the clock back and try again. All we can do is use the present well.
3. Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day.
4. As you breathe in, cherish Yourself. As you breathe out, cherish all Beings.
5. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.
6. When you realise you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
7. There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilised as a source of strength.’
No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.
8. Silence is sometimes the best answer.
9. The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred.
10. Anger is the ultimate destroyer of your own peace of mind.
11. Happiness doesn’t always come from a pursuit. Sometimes it comes when we least expect it.
12. Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.
Pic Credit: ProgressivesToday.com
Also Read: Quotes On Failure That Will Inspire You